A few days ago I made konnyaku jelly consisting of papaya and coconut milk and this time I wanted to make green tea jelly with the same konnyaku powder I have left. This is a very good, well to me anyway since I drink green tea almost religiously. Now for this recipe I didn't add too much sugar like all my desserts otherwise the sweetness will take over the focused flavour.
Green Tea Jelly
- 1 PKT of Konnyaku Jelly Powder (10grams). You can get this at the Asian Market in a packets.
- 950MLS of water
- 2 green tea bags
- 100G of caster sugar
- in a saucepan boil water and add green tea bags
- turn off heat and leave to brew for about half an hour
- take out the tea bags and squeeze to get the excess tea out
- mix sugar and konnyaku jelly powder
- turn on heat again and add the sugar and konnyaku mix
- mix til the consistency of the mixture goes thick
- pour the konnyaku mix carefully into the molds and let cool
set the jelly in the fridge
Important!: If elderly or children are consuming konnyaku jelly please make sure you chop it up into little pieces. This is because konnyaku jelly does not melt into the mouth like other jellies. It will cause little ones and elderly to choke! And can result in death. Elderly and children have choked and died on konnyaki litchi jellies so be careful.