Spaghetti Marinara is my favourite spaghetti dish mainly because its spicy and its a mix of seafood!! YUMM!! I usually eat this at a Fasta Pasta restaurant but since Woolies had a special on their seafood marinara I thought why not make this instead of a traditional beef spaghetti?
Seafood Marina from Woolworths
This is a very simple and yet delicious dish to make.
All you need is:
- 1 tbs of oil.
- 2 onions sliced finely
- clove of garlic sliced finely
- 1 packet of fettucini
- 1 cup of red wine (I used shiraz)
- spaghetti sauce of your choice (I used a standard size jar of leggos sauce with chill)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (I used ones with basil and garlic in it)
- chopped chilli (use as much as you want)
- Italian herbs (i just used basil)
- 700 grams of seafood marinara (you can get this from Woolworths, in frozen aisles of supermarkets or at seafood markets)
- Parmesan cheese
- In a medium sized pan, heat the oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook til tender/softened.
- Next add in the can of tomato, red wine and herbs and simmer. Stir. Cook for about 15 minutes til reduced or til it gets a bit saucier.
- Next cook the fettucini pasta as instructed on the packet. Drain. And put equal small portions on plates.
- Then back to the sauce base, add the seafood marinara mix and cover on medium heat. Cook for 4 minutes. Stir. Please do not over cook because the seafood will go all tough and rubbery.
- Then lastly, ladle the seafood marinara sauce over the plates and serve with Parmesan cheese on top!