Today the girls and I made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies! The cookie photo on top is by one of the girl's....she did go over board with pushing the chocolate chips in didn't she? I am a big fan of oatmeal cookies because of it's crispy texture on the outside and the chewiness on the inside. However, I don't like how much butter goes into it but that's why it tastes so nice! lol.
Little fingers hard at work!
What will you need:
- 250grams of softened butter, cubed
- 1 cup of brown sugar (I prefer light)
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1.5 cups of plain flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 3 cups of oats (rolled or quick oats)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Optional: for more chocolate I just cut up 1/2 cup of a chocolate block in little pieces.
- Firstly preheat your oven at 170 C degrees
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until smooth
- Then gradually beat the eggs one at a time and then add in vanilla
- Add all the dry ingredients and combine til well blended
- Mix in the chocolate chips and chocolate pieces until well combined
- On a lined baking sheet tray, drop spoonfuls and decorate with a chocolate chip on top (if you want).
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes
- Cool on rack and enjoy!
On a different note:
Check out what I got delivered last night! A new masterchef kitchen! It's got a fridge, an oven, a microwave and accessories and a kitchen sink to wash all the dirty stuff after cooking a big pretend meal lol.
It's not for me really...it's for the kids that cook with me hehehe