I love Banana Bread with cream cheese frosting on top!!! I have used this recipe for a while and I alternate it a bit from time to time when I want something different. This is a very easy banana bread to make. It is very fluffy, nice and moist. It keeps fresh for about a week in an air tight container.
I usually bake 2 loaves/tins to take room up in the oven. Double the ingredients to make 2 lots.
- 1.5C of self raising flour
- pinch of baking powder
- 1 TSP of bicarb soda
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 medium sized ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup of canola/vegetable oil (use any)
- 2 eggs beaten
- handful of chopped almonds
- 1/2 TSP of vanilla essence
- preheat oven at 150C
- First grease a ring tin or a loaf tin
- sift all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- make a well in the centre and add all wet ingredients
- mix the ingredients together until smooth batter like consistency
- pour the mixture into the tin/s
- bake for 1 hour. check if done by poking the loaf with skewer. if it comes out clean then the cake should be done. I usually bake for another 10 minutes just to make sure.
- cool for half an hour, cut and enjoy!!
Tip: You can vary this banana bread but adding your own ingredients in it like different kind of nuts or even chocolate chips, honey etc