I made this "Beef Spaghetti with Black Pepper Sauce" tonight alternative to the traditional bolognese recipe. It was pretty good! I remember having black pepper sauce with spaghetti at budget David's Sizzling Steak (at Market Square Sunnybank Brisbane) as a side dish to their steaks and other mains. It tasted really peppery and it really suited with their egg that was still runny in the middle. Mmm mmm! I haven't gone back to Sunnybank for ages because Lil Taipei food court has pretty much closed down (apart from David Sizzling Steak is still there and a bubbel tea shop I think). It used to be very busy now all I can see is tumble weed passing throughout the now creepy place lol. That's another story!
Beef Spaghetti with Black Pepper Sauce
To serve 2 people for this dish all you need is:
- 250gram of thick spaghetti (half a pack)
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 carrot chopped into thick slices
- 2 tbs of oyster sauce
- 2 tbs of light soy sauce
- 1- 2 tsp of black pepper and extra
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp of corn flour
- First off bring water to boil in a pot and cook spaghetti according to instructions. Then drain and set aside.
- In a bowl combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, pepper, and salt. In another bowl add water and cornflour together until the cornflour had dissolved. Add this mixture into the sauce mixture and combine.
- In a saucepan fry onion and garlic til cooked. Add the carrots and cook
- Add beef strips into the same pan and cook til its brown. Do not over cook it. Add pepper and salt. Add in the sauce mixture and coat the beef.
- Simmer for 3 minutes
- Add the spaghetti into the mixture and coat spaghetti well.
- Then with tongs lay spaghetti onto a plate and top with beef strip