Here is the most easiest apricot recipe but I added in granulated peanuts to give it that oomph lol. I just buy the home brand packet for about $1 at Woolworths. It does the same thing as the dearer packets. You can ad any kind of nuts you want to just chop them up in pieces.
Apricot Balls with Peanuts
Makes about 35 small balls or 20 medium balls. Roll however size you like.
You will need:
- 200 grams of dried apricot
- 3/4 of cup of condensed milk.
- 1 cup of granulated peanuts
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- extra 1 cup of desiccated coconut for rolling
- Chop up the apricot until fine or 'minced'
- Add the nuts and coconut
- Mix them both together with condensed milk. If you feel that it's not the right consistency for you sprinkle some coconut over the mixture again.
- Place the mixture into the fridge for an hour or half an hour in the freezer until firm. I find it easier when its firm so I can roll the mixture better. It will hold a better shape and not too sticky.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge/freezer and then put the extra coconut onto a dish or a mixing bowl. Roll the mixture into balls (whichever size you like) and roll it around in the coconut. Then store in fridge until set.