Hi guys! Sorry I haven't updated for so long. We had a huge storm here and it cut out the telephone line and so I was net free for about 3 to 4 days! It was the most stressful days of my life lol. No jokes hahaha.
Anyway, I like to share a simple recipe to you without the meat and fat! I made these "vegetarian patties" on a Friday afternoon. I wanted something healthy, fresh and crunchy and something with flavour and I came up with this without the meat :P. I didn't use exact ingredients. Thought when I tried to form the mixture into patties it kind of crumbled a bit. I found that when I fried them in the pan it holds shape anyway and it was nice and crunchy.
For about 8 small Vegetarian Patties you will need:
- 1 medium sized potato washed and peeled
- 2 medium carrots washed and peeled
- 1 zucchini washed and peeled
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of cumin and some paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 cups of bread crumbs
- olive oil
- Firstly wash all your vegetables and grate them into a large mixing bowl.
- Then squeezed out excess liquid from the vegetables. Squeeze as much as possible to prevent it from being too wet and hard to form patty shapes.
- Then season with salt, pepper and paprika and cumin. Taste accordingly.
- Add the egg and mix through the mixture. This will help stick the veges together and make it easy to form the patties.
- In a fry pan add the oil and wait til it heats. Sprinkle bread crumbs over a large plate for coating the patties.
- Form the mixture into small shaped round patties and coat generously though the bread crumbs
- Lay the patties into the fry pan and fry each side until golden brown
- Repeat process until mixture is all used up
- You can cut them into quarters and serve them with salad
- Enjoy :)