About

Pages - Menu

23.10.09

Spring Roll Fail!


Now these were left in the freezer for about 1 month. It was the only batch left. I had so much trouble taking each spring roll out individually to deep fry. It was so frozen! Some of the pasty broke *tear drop*. They were all stuck together! So I did the no no - I defrosted them for the whole day. So what did I get at the end? Broken cold pastry. Not good. When you deep fry defrosted pastry it becomes all broke and UGLY!

If you want a really crunch spring roll I recommend to really tightly roll it and then deep fry straight away otherwise the pastry becomes dry and it breaks. And when the spring rolls are coming from the freezer you better put them in the deep fryer straight away to maintain that crunchy bite goodness :).

No comments:

Post a Comment