About

Pages - Menu

23.10.09

Ann's Vege Noodle Soup


A few months ago I brought my very own Vegetable Noodle Soup to work. I thought it looked quite bland but hey it tasted really really good! The corn, mushrooms, cauliflower and the carrots I only used in the soup tasted really sweet and warm to the tongue. When I finished heating the soup with the noodles one colleague of mine goes "Oh that looks so simple but it looks so good! No wonder why you are so skinny!!!". I looked over what she was having - it was a microwavable Aussie meat pie. And I thought "that is why you are a bit fat? lol". She asked "How did you make it?". I said "Um just chucked the spare veges I had all in with water with a pinch of salt and pepper". That is how easy and simple it is and so healthy for you cause there is no fat or oils!


What you will need:

  • 2L - 3L of water
  • 1 cob of corn
  • 1 carrot chopped thinly however you like (the thinner the quicker it will cook)
  • 1 cup of cauliflower chopped in quarters
  • 1 cup of mushrooms sliced
  • 4 pieces of rice stick noodles cooked and drained

Method:
  1. First have a pot of boiling water (2 litres to 3 litres depending how much soup or broth you want).
  2. With the corn, shuck it and then under running water remove as much of the silk. then break or cut into half. When the water is boiled put the corn in gently. It will take about 10 minutes plus to cook depending how soft you want your corn to be. I like my corn soft.
  3. Then take the corn out with tongs or chopsticks. Be careful because it's really hot! Place it on a plate
  4. Now place the carrot and cauliflower into the corn broth and then the mushrooms. Add the salt and pepper. Taste it accordingly to how you want it. For me about half a teaspoon of salt is enough. Cook for about 10 minutes.
  5. While the vegetables are cooking - cook the noodles in boiling water until soft and then drain well. Place them in individual bowls.
  6. Then with the cooked corn cut the kernels off the sides and place it with the vegetables.
  7. Finally the vegetable soup should be ready! All you have to do now is ladle the soup and vegetables over the noodle bowls
  8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment