About

Pages - Menu

27.10.09

Minced Pork on Steamed Rice






I was pretty much out of ideas what to cook for myself a couple of days ago. I only had minced pork and other little things in the fridge. I wanted to make san choy bow but I did not have lettuce cups. So I thought I would be creative and make minced stir fry pork instead over steamed rice. It was so delicious and so filling! I love pork!

This recipe will serve about 4 people. All you need is:

  • 2 cups cooked steamed jasmine rice
  • 1 tsp of sesame oil or peanut oil
  • 500g of minced pork
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 capsicum cut into julienne
  • 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
  • handful of cut shallots
  • 1 onion diced/chopped
  • 1 tbs fish sauce
  • 1 tbs oyster sauce
  • 2 tbs light soy sauce
Instructions:

  1. Cook rice according to packet instructions. Leave on warm.
  2. Scramble eggs and cook onto hot pan. Slide the cooked eggs off the pan onto kitchen board or a large plate. Once cool, roll the egg and then cut into 2 cm strips. Leave aside.
  3. Heat peanut/sesame oil over high heat. When hot, add the pork and onion and stir fry for 5 minutes until cooked through. Add the carrots and capsicum and stir fry for 3 minutes then add the fish sauce, oyster sauce and light soy sauce. Taste the seasoning accordingly!!
  4. Cook for a further 3 minutes and then toss through the shallots and egg strips. The bottom of the wok should be saucy.
  5. Prepare bowls with the steamed rice and then put the stir fry mince and sauce over the rice. Enjoy.

When I served this to friends they wanted seconds!! It's nice, salty and saucy.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try this one.But first need to know where or how i can make jasmine rice!

    Your recipes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete