I was pretty much out of ideas what to cook for myself a couple of days ago. I only had minced pork and other little things in the fridge. I wanted to make san choy bow but I did not have lettuce cups. So I thought I would be creative and make minced stir fry pork instead over steamed rice. It was so delicious and so filling! I love pork!
This recipe will serve about 4 people. All you need is:
- 2 cups cooked steamed jasmine rice
- 1 tsp of sesame oil or peanut oil
- 500g of minced pork
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 capsicum cut into julienne
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- handful of cut shallots
- 1 onion diced/chopped
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- Cook rice according to packet instructions. Leave on warm.
- Scramble eggs and cook onto hot pan. Slide the cooked eggs off the pan onto kitchen board or a large plate. Once cool, roll the egg and then cut into 2 cm strips. Leave aside.
- Heat peanut/sesame oil over high heat. When hot, add the pork and onion and stir fry for 5 minutes until cooked through. Add the carrots and capsicum and stir fry for 3 minutes then add the fish sauce, oyster sauce and light soy sauce. Taste the seasoning accordingly!!
- Cook for a further 3 minutes and then toss through the shallots and egg strips. The bottom of the wok should be saucy.
- Prepare bowls with the steamed rice and then put the stir fry mince and sauce over the rice. Enjoy.
When I served this to friends they wanted seconds!! It's nice, salty and saucy.