About

Pages - Menu

22.5.11

My Tho Vietnamese Noodle Bar, Shop 49 Inala Town Centre

My Tho Vietnamese Noodle Bar, Shop 49 Inala Town Centre 
Open 7 Days
Monday - Friday: 8.30am to 8pm
Saturday: 8.30am to 4pm
Sunday: 9.30am to 5pm
Phone: (07) 3162 7979



I have been holding back writing a little review on this little dine in and take away restaurant tucked away back in the food court inside Inala Plaza.  I have been to My Tho Noodle Bar at least 10 times since it opened last year.   Business has been so well for this little place and during lunch time its packed and customers don't even mind eating out in the food court.  I have been to nearly every restaurant in Inala and in my opinion offers the best Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) and hu tieu mi tho thap cam (combination egg noodle soup) here. 

Atmosphere:  

Decor

It's a small place with a few tables and has a pretty mediocre environment like most Vietnamese restaurants.   White tiled walls with a hint of blue.   There is a lack of space but I don't really mind going around tables and seats.  Above you will see the main dishes that they serve from their Vietnamese noodle soups to combination rice dishes.  It's pretty busy around lunch time so you will have to wait for a seat or you can eat out in the food court.   I was there on Sunday in the late afternoon and of course there were only about 6 people there.


Service:  Service is efficient and the ladies that serve are very polite and can get whatever you need.  Most importantly they smile! :).   They didn't rush me in ordering but I knew what I wanted.  It took 10 minutes and the food was piping hot.  There is always condiments on the table and fresh chilli.  Also the ladies will serve you some complimentary tea.


Food:  Okay down to the food.  The food is great and I had no problems.   The food and the service is what keeps me going back to eat a cheap filling meal.  I have only ordered the special Vietnamese beef noodle soups and the combination noodle soups.  I found that the soups were not too salty or sweet.  I have yet to try the other dishes on the menu.  I just love the egg noodle soup and Vietnamese beef noodle soups too much!

On the Menu above:  My Tho Style Combination Noodle Soup, Steamed rice with crispy chicken, egg noodle with seafood (dry or soup), egg noodle soup with steamed duck,

The dine in / takeaway serve mainly the  hu tieu my tho hoac mi (clear rice noodle or egg soup), pho bo (beef rice noodle soup), banh canh (starch noodle soup), rice vermicelli dishes and the broken rice dishes. Prices range from $8.00 to $10.00 a dish.  They did have a price hike in some of their main dishes. The prices do correspond to their quality and quantity to the dishes so I don't mind paying more.

Hu tieu my tho thap cam nuoc (my tho style combination rice noodle soup)

The photo above is the combination rice noodle soup and is my favourite (next to the pho).  I think at this place it offers more pieces of meats and seafood in the dish.  They even have a few juicy scallops put in, quail eggs, fish cake, thinly sliced liver, peppery minced meat, BBQ pork, squid over your choice of thin egg noodles or fresh rice noodle soup.  You can have this dish dry but I always go for the soup variety.  Soup dishes are always served with garnish of bean sprouts, green herbs and a wedge of lemon or lime.  I just love the Chinese chives in the dish.  At some places the noodles can be a bit mushy but I found here the noodles has been consistent and the same - fresh and not slimy.

Overall Rating:  Overall this place is pretty cheap for what they offer.  The menu is solid and the food has been consistent, service is quick but the decor is mediocre which I don't mind.  After all I am there to eat a cheap meal after a long day busy shopping for groceries.   I know it is a small place but families can come here and eat and always can eat in the food court.  I am going here again next week for another bowl of their soups!

I forget to mention that parking is sure not a problem but very busy during the lunch hour.   They do serve drinks and they haven't said anything about me taking a McDonalds coffee into the joint :).


I rate the place 8/10 because its cheap, the service is fantastic and the quality of the food is fantastic.


My Tho Vietnamese Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. That was a nice review you have. I wish I can also visit the place and have the soup you mentioned. Here, in Sofitel a luxury hotels they also serve Miso soup which by the way is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got back from a 2 week trip in mostly the My Tho region in Vietnam. Must say that it was the most memorable experience of my life. For most of the time I was kidnapped by a local woman. Slept on the floor with mosquito netting with just a fan to keep cool. Showered in cold water and used an outhouse. Ate peasant food, spicy but delicious. Woman was so happy to be out with me. Prepared my food and fuss with my hair. Her family tested my affection for her and offered her hand to me. I accepted and in 6-7 months I am going back to Vietnam to marry her. We both cried when was sending me off. I will never forget Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete