I love this Saucy Pork Spare Ribs dish cause it reminds me of home and it takes me back wanting more all the time!
Enjoy this with a side of greens like steamed bok choy or chinese cabbage and over a nice bowl of steamed jasmine rice.
What will you will need:
- 1kg pork spare ribs
- 1 tbs of oil
- small sized ginger sliced in thin julienne strips
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 2 tbs of hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs of chilli sauce
- 1 tbs of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- steamed jasmine rice to serve
1. Add oil into wok and let it heat. Add the spare ribs and brown
2. Add the sauces, ginger and sugar and coat the ribs well. Add water and stir til it becomes a thin sauce. Taste and add more soy sauce / chilli sauce or hoisin according to your preferred taste.
3. Cover and let the ribs simmer in the sauce for about 10 minutes and then add the shallots.
4. Serve over jasmine rice and eat immediately.