Easy Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream
Ingredients to make 4 portions
- under half a can of tinned apples
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 sheet of puff pastry rolled out
- melted butter
- optional: 1 tbs raisins
appliance - a sandwich maker (should of 2 portions)
- First roll your thawed (not too thawed cause it can get wet and hard to work with) puff pastry out and cut into 4 squares.
- Meanwhile add under half a can of apple into a small bowl along with a pinch of cinnamon. Mix.
- If you want to add raisins I suggest soak it into lukewarm water so it will be plump and juicy. Drain and squeeze out excess water .
- Brush the bottom of the jaffle maker with melted butter and lay 2 cut outs of the pasty on top
- Lay equal portions of apple on top of the first layer of pastry and sprinkle with raisins
- Then lay the 2 last pastry on top and brush with melted butter generously.
- Close up the jaffle maker and cook until pastry is crunchy and golden brown
- Then when it's done cut into small portions and add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream for each serving.