About

Pages - Menu

25.3.10

Choclate Cream Puffs


Hi guys! I have been away for a while!  I have been working on this huge project so I haven't had time to really cook something special until yesterday!

I love love love pastry desserts and especially these cream puffs!  They are so yummy you could finish a whole batch under 30 minutes!  You can buy these at bakeries for around $2.50 each depending on the size but I decided to make these at home.  It did take a while but the effort was pretty worth it!

I got this recipe from http://www.tasteofhome.com and it turned out great.  I did not use strawberries since I did not have any on hand but without it tastes as good too.  I am wondering if I should put custard in the puffs next time?

For the puffs I did not cut it in half and put the cream in that way.  I just inserted the cream into the puff balls instead with cream.  Turned out messy though :P.


You will need:

Chocolate Cream Puffs

Ingredients

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
  • 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries

 

Directions

  • In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add the flour and cocoa all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth and shiny.
  • Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until set and browned. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove and discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs completely.
  • In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream and strawberries. Fill bottom halves of puffs; replace tops. Serve immediately. 

Yield: 15 servings.

6 comments:

  1. Good to see you back !!!
    That looks so cute and Mouthwatering!!!loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I love choux pastry.

    I've only ever made it once when I made a Paris Brest, (it kinda looks like a giant chocolate eclair ring).

    I would totally put custard in it :)

    Great work! Num num :D

    www.brisbanebaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made these puffs before. I would love to try. They looks soft and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ sarah naveen: yeah they are really good!

    @ brisbane baker: love it too! thanks!

    @ mary moh: yea they are soft and taste preetty good

    ReplyDelete