12.9.11

Kimchi Stew (Kimchi Chigae) / 김치찌개, 콩나물 무침


This is a Korean dish called Kimchi Stew (Kimchi Chigae) and it is made of course kimchi, pork belly and tofu.  It is so good with rice and you don't need any other side dishes because of the kimchi.   It is full of flavour and it is really spicy!  Well to me anyway I had to water it down a little!  This is my 4th Korean dish and I am enjoying my Korean cooking journey with the help of this woman, Maangchi

The stew was so perfect tonight because of this cool weather.  It was really comforting and hot!  YUM!  I used Maangchi's recipe but have added less hot pepper paste and more of the onions cause I like onions and more pork but kind of sliced off the fat.

My grocery shopping basket as of last Friday!  Look at the Kimchi!  So good!  I will have to make this again one day!  It takes a lot of time but since there is a lot kimchi in Korean cooking I might as well :)




4 comments:

  1. The stew looks so appetizing and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum yum yumm! i love a hearty stew and spiciness never hurts! I'd love to give this a try soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really looks delicious. I am new to your blog, so I've taken some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete