Hi guys! Tonight I made these really easy pork and coriander meatballs with bok choy served over jasmine rice. I remember my grandmother used to make these for my me when I stayed over her house. I miss those days - - running around the backyard, watching her making rice crackers (over a traditional steamer) and getting up to mischief :P.
I used very minimal ingredients. Here is the recipe.
Pork and Coriander Meat Balls
- 2 tbs of brown sugar
- 3 tbs of fish sauce
- 2 tbs of oyster sauce
- 500g of minced pork
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- pepper and salt to taste
- half of bunch of coriander chopped roughly (about 1/2 cup)
- cup of water
- In a saucepan add brown sugar, fish sauce and water to make a nice syrup. Cool and then And add into the pork mixture. Mix well.
- In a bowl, place pork in a bowl and mix in coriander, garlic, oyster sauce, cornflour and season with tiny bit of salt and black pepper. ADD the ABOVE SYRUP MIXTURE.
- Now next roll the pork mixture in about 20 balls. Roll into corn flour lightly and put balls onto a tray or a large plate. Cover with cling wrap and chill in fridge for half an hour.
- In a large lightly oiled fry pan, place all the balls to fry each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Add water and cover and let simmer for half an hour. The juice should seep out of the balls and make a sauce with the water.
- When done, serve over jasmine rice. If you want to add some greens just cook them within the sauce for a couple of minutes and serve with the balls and rice. You can also eat these balls with vermicelli noodles or even spaghetti!